Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Finally! You know, although I don't get to check my email very often, which really sucks, there is a hidden blessing in that by the time I get to open my email account there is almost always something good waiting there for me. I mean, first it takes more than thirty minutes to get to a decent internet cafe, and then, sometimes it's closed, or has had to be shut down, and sometimes it rains in the afternoon from the time I get out of class and home to the time around four or later, which means it's too late to head out, cause I'd only get like thirty minutes to an hour on the internet (which believe me, is not enough time to get anything done-- it's taken me thirty minutes just to OPEN my email this time, and this blogger page), so I just have to try and wait for tomorrow. I'm not bothered today, however, because it's been over a week since my last check, and when I got to open those wonderful pages, not only did I have email from official peoples, I had email from friends around the world! Also, friends I haven't heard from in quite a long time.

Things are snailing on by, and gratefully, November wasn't good enough to beat me. Actually, a pretty amazing blessing was revealed in November right in time for Thanksgiving, after I decided to follow a call to apply to Seminary. Isn't it amazing? I used to smirk at people who seemed so flighty they couldn't make decisions because they were unsure of what God wanted them to do; but now here I am deciding to do something that MUST seem like just a whim to everyone else, but really feels to me like God's command. I'm sorry for being judgmental.

Anyway, I'm trying to answer all the emails everyone has sent me, but it's taking quite a while for them to all disappear once I press delete and reload the page. It's going to take me awhile-- which is alright by me, because I have dinner plans in the city!

Kind, kind Hannah and Christine told their nice Embassy lady (why don't I have an embassy lady!?) that it's lonely in Bukittinggi, and she told me about this big group of American high school kids who arrived today. I sms'd and got myself a dinner invite (but how I'll get to the restaurant, and how I'll get home, I don't know!) Wow, it's a new... low (no offense little high schoolers) that I'm so excited to spend another hour and a half with sixteen year old kids, after spending six hours with them already today. ::sigh:: In less than a week, I'll be with other ETAs for a reunion in Salatiga! And Christmas isn't long after that... and more travelling. Whew.

Okay, I'm ending it to focus more on my emails and stuff. LoL, like I can't concentrate on two things at once... I seriously hope I'm not losing my ability to multitask by not having tasks to complete here!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home